Water damage can be a significant issue in a home. It can happen to anyone and can be caused by a variety reasons. Damage to water can result from:
– Water leaks. Of course the most common reason for restoration of water damage is a burst pipe. Damage from an occurrence of storm and a roof leak are also reasons to consider. Damage from ruptured pipes will typically be the most costly since it requires a trip to the attic. This usually involves tearing down the roof or ceiling.
– Drying. This is a less common cause for the restoration of water damage costs however it’s still worth mentioning. Standing water foot baths (or showers) are those that have no water that is coming out of the shower head. If the floor or walls get wet, they could dry out quickly since they are so damp. If the water is dried out too quickly , it can cause mold to grow, which is not an ideal thing.
– Average Cost of Water Damage Restoration. The average cost of water damage restoration is based on the extent of the damage. For minor damage, like an unintentional leak the cost will usually be less than one fourth of the estimated cost of hiring a restoration service. Damage that is so severe as to shut down a structure for a period of time and is covered by insurance, will typically cost more than half of the cost of water damage repairs.
– Carpeting drying out. It is possible that your carpets will require replacement in the event of extensive water damage. This will likely raise the cost of the repair job because you’ll have to purchase new carpeting or padding.
– Leaking Pipes. It is extremely rare that a pipe that leaks is caused by water damage restoration services. Most cases of water damage are caused by poor maintenance. A blocked sink, toilet, or drainage system can cause water damage around all hours of the day, even during an emergency. In this situation the average cost of the repair would be around two-thirds of what it would cost to replace the carpeting.
– Drying Drying Wet Carpeting. Carpeting must be dried quickly if saturated with water. This could increase the cost of restoration for water damage per square foot. If you’re required to clean up a flood-damaged basement drying can be faster because the lower levels are typically dry. Even even if your basement is dry, water damage can occur under carpeting due to the expansion and contraction caused by water drying. Calculate the area of the room divided into square feet. Then multiply that number by the average cost of restoration of water damage per square foot. Know more about Cladosporium here.
– Drying and Spills Sometimes, water damage restoration companies are called in on extremely wet days. The spillage needs to be cleaned up quickly after it occurs. The area affected by the spill will have to be cleaned and disinfected in order engage a plumber to get rid of the mess and ensure the area is properly dry. For larger spills, especially those that are under wallpaper or carpet it might be necessary to have the carpet pulled away and replaced altogether. After the area is dry, the water damage restoration company will need to dry it out. This is more expensive than hiring experts in water damage restoration.