Water damage can be a significant issue in a home. It can happen to anyone and can be caused by a variety reasons. Damage to water can result from:
– Water leaks. Burst pipes are the most frequently cited cause for water damage restoration. Damage to the water from an occurrence of storm and a roof leak are also reasons to consider. In most instances however, the water damage caused by burst pipes is the most costly as it requires going to the attic, which typically means tearing down the ceiling or the roof.
– Drying. This is a less frequent cause of restoration costs for water damage however it’s worthy of mention. Standing foot baths that are water-based (or showers) are those that have no water that is coming out of the shower head. If the floor or walls get wet, they could dry out quickly because they are so damp. Mold can develop if water evaporates too fast.
Average cost of water damage restoration. The average cost of water damage restoration is depending on the severity of the damage. A damaged pipe or minor damage will usually cost less than a quarter of the cost to hire an organization for restoration. Damage that is significant enough to shut down a building for a period of time and is covered by insurance, will typically cost more than half of the cost for repairs to water damage.
– Carpeting drying out. If your home has extensive restoration work for water damage it could mean that all the carpets in your area have to be removed and replaced. This will increase the cost of the repair as you will need to purchase new carpeting and/or padding.
– Leaking Pipes. It is extremely rare that a leaky pipe is caused by restoration services for water damage. In many cases, the water damage will be the result of negligent maintenance. A clogged bathroom, sink or drainage system could cause water damage round all hours of the day, even in an emergency. In this situation, the typical cost of the repair will be about two-thirds of the amount it would cost to replace the carpeting.
– Drying Wet Carpeting. Your carpeting should be dried quickly when it is saturated with water. This could increase the cost of restoration for water damage per square foot. If you’re required to clean up a flooded basement the drying process could be faster because the lower levels are typically dry. However, even in the event that your basement is completely dry, there may be water damage to the carpet due to the expansion and contraction that happens when water dries. To determine the cost of drying per square foot, calculate the total area of the room divided by the number of square feet, and then multiply the result by the average water damage restoration cost per square foot. Know more about Cladosporium here.
– Spills and Drying. Sometimes water damage restoration companies are called in during extremely wet days. When there is a spill, the spill will need to be cleaned up quickly. The area affected by the spill needs to be cleaned and sanitized, so you will have engage a plumber to take away the mess and make sure that the area is dried. For larger spills, particularly in areas that are beneath wallpaper or carpet It may be necessary to have the carpet pulled out and replaced altogether. After the area has dried, the water damage restoration company will need to dry out the area, which will cost more than hiring an experienced water damage restoration company in the initial place.